Thursday 4 December 2014

The one with the pride


 I am back in the pool this week, taking things slowly but gradually getting there. However agonising it is being out of the loop and not training as everyone else is I have been through this before, much worse, so it will be something I can see the the other side of.

Apart from training in trial and error on pain, this week I had the honour of opening the new Envy salon. This is Tracie Gunningham's third salon in Plymouth and it is situated in my home town of Plympton. A cosy salon that made me feel very welcome and pampered.


Photo credit: Emma Barrow Photography
Envy Salon


Photo credit: Emma Barrow Photography
Opening Envy Salon

The Pride of Plymouth awards was a great night, it is only on its second year and a very inspiring evening. Tonia and I were happy to be invited again where the awards are recognised by the Plymouth Herald and Plymouth City Council. Everyone nominated deserved to be a winner but one women stood out - Laura Plane, who has raised tens of thousands of pounds for breast cancer awareness charity Coppafeel. Laura has secondary cancer and is definitely an inspiring woman.



Tonia and I had the pleasure of being invited onto Sam Cox's bridal wear table

Plymouth military wives


Thank you Sam Cox

Thank you Topshop for the shoes and bag
Tonia and I love an excuse to dress up

Coming up to Christmas I am looking forward to being fully fit and back training on 10m. We have a training camp coming up in the new year in Rio, Brazil, my goal is to be training and back to full fitness without pain in my shin by then!

SB x

0 comments:

Post a Comment