Tuesday 25 November 2014

The one about Terry 2


It has been a week since my shin operation take 2, I am glad they did operate on the right shin after the nurse the day before asked "which shoulder is it?". Apart from having no room when I arrived, the operation being 5 hours later then expected and 3 different tries of getting a general anaesthetic in a vein, it all went well! With my surgeon being the only radiologist from Bristol down able to do this operation I am grateful for the team that took their time to fix me so I can train and compete pain free again.

Recovery has taken longer than last time as the procedure was done slightly differently, Terry was lasered on top of my shin bone rather than using a hot rod to the side of my shin. It is never nice being injured and out of training but compared with previous injuries a couple weeks is nothing and hopefully after the side effects of the operation go, I can start training without any pain (in my shin). Theres always pain when diving off 10m!

The Plymouth Commonwealth Games team received an award of recommendation last week from the Plymouth City Council. A nice gathering with the Lord Mayor and its always great to be recognised for medals in the city.

Mum, Dad and I

Plymouth Commonwealth Games diving team

It was so good to be on the cover for the Swimming Times magazine this month for my European Gold. I have been writing blogs for Swimming Times for over 2 years now and it is a great aquatics magazine that hopefully I will be involved in for a while.

Swimming Times - December 2014


In other news a new app and website has been launched today called KICCA! It is a new sports social media platform for athletes and sports stars to update fans with how they are doing plus any exclusive content they may wish to update. It is easy to use with an events page plus exclusive photos and videos. You can follow my progress along with my synchro partner Tonia Couch via the app or at KICCA.com on @sarahbarrow.


Follow me on KICCA


SB x

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah,
    Glad to see you're on the final stages to a full recovery I'm sure those 2 weeks will fly by! Congrats on your team award puts a nice "cherry on top" for all the hard work you put in towards the commonwealth games.
    Im following you on Kicca nice to have a sport orientated social media format to have now. If you want to follow me my kicca name is @gazmay (if you don't ask you don't get)
    looking forward to reading you next entry and "Kicc's"
    Take Care
    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Gary. Hopefully people will enjoy Kicca, another chance to show a different side of sport for people who are genuinely interested!

    ReplyDelete