Saturday 14 February 2015

The one about preparing for the British Championships


It is less than a week until the first competition of the 2015 season with the British Championships being held in Plymouth. Preparation has not been perfect due a late start, a second operation in November on my shin (see blogpost: The one about Terry) and then not being able to train fully throughout the pre season. I was hoping that with a second operation I would get a pain free leg back, I still don't have a pain free leg but it is a lot stronger, it is manageable and I have a good support team around me to carry on hopefully competing at my best.

Just a couple of management techniques: Flipper rehab
Just a couple of management techniques: Ice




















From November I had a couple weeks out of the pool post operation, two weeks later I gradually started jumping but then to be stopped by the medical team just before Christmas. It wasn't until the Rio training camp did I start properly on a rehab plan and went full on into a two week strength programme. 

I put my full list back up when I got back from Rio, 3 weeks ago, ideal preparation would have been around 14 weeks ago! My list has significantly improved over the last 3 weeks due to both Andy and Tonia ensuring me it will come with patience (I was struggling a bit at the start).

Both Tonia and myself have been working hard on getting our synchro back in time, with one of us being out for a while, often the other one gets very comfortable being an individual diver but we have managed to turn it around just in time for next week and the upcoming World Series events.

I had a great start to this week in training with some videos below:
If you can't see the videos on blogger try my instagram: sarahbarrow88






The British Championships in Plymouth start on Friday 20th February and I am competing in the afternoon with Tonia in the 10m synchro. Saturday morning I am in the 10m individual prelim with the final in the afternoon.

I am looking forward to being able to compete again, not the best preparation but I have been in this sport for 13 years now. Hopefully I know what I'm doing by now ;) 

Wish me luck!

Sarah x

0 comments:

Post a Comment