Monday 10 November 2014

The one with the Southend training camp

The Southend 1m and 5m assessment camp has been a regular formality for a few years now. Come November, in the pre season, the dives being trained as a lead up for either 3m or 10m should be consistent and ready for a higher board. The staff and coaches from British diving assess these at the camp over a couple of days. Its always nice to see the divers and coaches from other teams, it mixes up the training environment and its great to catch up with friends.

These sort of camps generally involve breakfast at the hotel, training, lunch at the hotel, training,  dinner at the hotel and sleep. I try and explore the city while I am there, I have been to Southend a few times so an eye opening trip to the 99p store Thursday night, Nandos Friday night and a trip to Tesco for a pic n mix (where there wasn't any pic n mix) Saturday night were the highlights. Southend is always a treat.


Unfortunately I am still yet to have my shin operated on but I have been training and managing what I can, when I can. I had decided not to compete in the girls 5m competition as training had been too inconsistent,  but I changed my mind when I had a good session on friday. I finished in 3rd place in the assessment behind Lois and Tonia. Competing on 10m, however, is a whole different ball game. The psychology needed for 5 different dives 10 metres up in the air is completely different territory to 5m so lets see how things pan out at Nationals in February.

While the GB team were at the camp the GSK Human Performance Lab team carried out hydration testing with us. The team and results will will hopefully enable us to have a better understanding of human performance in diving.

The GSK team and GB diving team


Now its back to the pool in Plymouth and I will be focusing on synchro training with Tonia along with keeping my individual list consistent, ready for the new season to start. I think we are both looking forward to achieving new goals for next year.


Team
SB x

0 comments:

Post a Comment